Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Things that go Bump in the Night

I seem to be addicted to all things birds lately. I love them all and since my Wilbur has not been around they all have been brave enough to come visit and get the food I leave out for them each day.
~
Last night .. or early morning it was about 2 a.m. the beautiful big white dog a couple of doors over from our place was barking madly and going crazy. I got up... always worried that nobody takes any notice of something important they might be telling us .... and went outside into the darkness to see if I could see what was making him panic. Outside lights and moonlight etc. were not enough to show me a good view of anything but he kept up his vigil and continued to be distressed at something in the field behind us. I talked to him and tried to calm him down ... because he's not all that far away from my yard ... but he took no notice... too intent on getting rid of whatever was there in the darkness. I began to think maybe its a bear ... maybe a wolf.. who knows... but it sure wasn't anything small like a cat because he sees them all the time. He's a good boy and I'm glad he was there to protect us from the intruder whatever it was. I got inside and thought what the hell was I doing out there in bear territory in my nightie and house coat ... I wasn't scared ... I think if a bear had seen me he'd have run the other way pretty quick smart. They really aren't the bad guys. I love them too. I just hope whatever it was doesn't return. Maybe it was my darling deer ... I've not seen them for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment