Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thank you isn't enough ....





My gosh it was moving, and so sad. I sat and watched and cried. I was so upset to see the wounded warriors. Battling to stay alive, their families not having enough money for all sorts of things they needed. One brave man in particular ... José Pequeño ... had half his brain blown away when an enemy combatant threw a grenade into his humvee ...... parts of it exploded under his helmet. He was still alive when found and he was tonight sitting in the front row of the concert with his mother and sister on each side of him. He was wounded horribly, and his devoted family had taken care of him for the past 3 years. He was unable to do anything now for himself.... there had been times when they had not even enough money for food.
~~
The suffering these guys go through is horrendous. Their lives back home should be so much easier than they are at present. They seem to have to fight for every single cent they can get .... WHY does the government spend billions of dollars on ear marks ... on stuff that is so unnecessary... who really cares about billions of dollars bailouts for car manufacturers.... when their returning wounded veterans need help. I don't know how much if any, they get from the government but it isn't enough by all accounts. The poor darlings ... I couldn't help but be appalled and amazed at what they now had to go through ... emotionally, physically and financially. 5,000 of them have been killed in the latest war... 34,000 of them have been wounded. Arms, legs, torso's, faces .. blown away ... I wish I could do something for them. I wish I could help their families. I wish I could ease their suffering and worries. We can't do much at all for them ... but the government sure could give them more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment