Saturday, August 22, 2009

I've finished my book about the life of Arthur Conan Doyle and what a pleasure it was to read it... amazing insight into the life of this wonderful author... not only because he wrote Sherlock Holmes stories but for all the other stuff he wrote of which I was never aware of. By golly .. he was a prolific author. His life was amazing.... and the book covered the 54 years from when he was a small boy going off to boarding school... right up until his mothers death ... all the correspondence he had written to her. How wonderful that they are available now to the whole world to read ...... I felt like I had stepped back into the 1880's ... his words were colourful, funny, and filled with emotion. I think if it was possible to go back and meet someone from the past this would be my choice. He even went to my Aussie home state of Tasmania... also the home of Errol Flynn. :-))
I don't know what my next book will be but I sure do love reading so I must make a trip over to our library soon or go online to see what's available in British Columbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment