Saturday, August 8, 2009

New York




I love New York... but on the news today at noon .. sadness. A tours helicopter and a light plane have collided over the Hudson and it seems there are no survivors... they have "found" one but haven't said if its a recovery or a rescue. There are so many flights all around New York I'm actually surprised that this doesn't happen more often. They say thousands of flights per day .... and its indeed a wonderful tour. I went around Manhatten Island on the ferry when I was there. I wasn't brave enough to take a helicopter flight .... I was amazed at the size of the buildings, the amount of them, and how close they are to the water. Rescuers are on scene now trying to find the aircraft ... but they say there is no hope especially with the strong currents in that area. Sadness for sure for all involved and their families..............

No comments:

Post a Comment