Sunday, September 13, 2009


The power went off last night at 11 p.m. What a shock that was ... when we were told it was a planned outage from 11 till 5 a.m. (nobody told us)........ Saturday night .. one would think they would have a better plan than that. Oh well... I woke up at about 2 a.m.... couldn't put the kettle on for some tea, couldn't put the light on to get to the bathroom, couldn't pass the time on the computer, couldn't turn on the telly and watch an old movie ... or the news... couldn't read a book or magazine. How the heck did the people manage back when they had no electricity. I guess I should have had one of those little lanterns they used to carry or a candle. It was even dark and scarey throughout the town when I looked out the window. The dog next door didn't like it either with no light at the back of his house where he sleeps ... he howled at the moon.... no street lights ... it was like everyone had moved away .....
~~
Thank goodness its on now and I'm wide awake once again ... 6.30 a.m. and I wondered what day it was ... :-) I guess we don't appreciate the electricity until we haven't got it. And one certainly can't moan at the cost of it.... it's bloody horrible without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment