Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Usually I'm moaning about the USA President... today is our Prime Minister's turn. I clicked over to the news a while ago and there he was sitting with Obama ... at some meeting they were having and he was perched on his chair speaking French. What the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think Obama had a clue what he was on about.
I know French is on all our products we purchase .... for the people back in Montreal ... but why do they have to speak it first when most of their audience speaks English. I get really annoyed at that. I do love hearing it and learned it for three years ... but when only 5% of the Canadian population speak it ... why does the PM speak it first. They translate it into English ... why not the other way around. All our signs, products, etc all have the French interpretation on them.... which I don't mind because I learn a lot when I look at the labels etc.. :-)) but hearing it spoken to the whole Canadian and USA population in this case... is beyond bad taste ... its almost insulting........... they seem to bend over backwards to accommodate the French speaking population .........

No comments:

Post a Comment