Saturday, January 9, 2010



His tombstone at Graceland reads, "January 8,1935 - August 16, 1977," which means yesterday would have been Elvis' 75th birthday.
I remember the day he died. I was 27 and in the hospital ... the nurses came in crying after hearing it on the radio. I started crying too. It was awful. I had lined up around the city block many times to get into the movie theatre to see his films. Yesterday I watched a few more of them on the telly. He was so handsome. And imagine if his twin brother had lived .. Little Jesse... the world might have had two Elvis's. Happy Birthday to you Elvis. You gave me many happy times listening to, and watching .. you ....

There's a big party at Graceland with lots of cake .... hard to believe he's been gone since 1977.

No comments:

Post a Comment