Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My little deer came in the night .. about 4.30 a.m. Brian said he saw them out on the ice looking for food we had left there. Another big haul of veggies and fruit yesterday from the supermarket, 2 hrs of cutting it up and removing plastic bags, rubber bands, labels and the like.... bucket after bucket full ... I think I ended up with 29 little piles of mixed goodies all over the yard. Now I'm headed back outside to shovel it a bit and break it up .. because as soon as it hits the ice it freezes solid. Which probably is a good thing because it doesn't go bad ... but the deer must think of it as delicious, fruity, juicy little popsicles .. *(s).... frozen raspberries, pineapple, apple, pear, wouldn't take long to melt in their mouths and they sure do love it all....
I hope they appreciate this old Aussie's efforts to help them in the bitter winter months ... I"m sure they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment