Saturday, February 13, 2010

A stunning new visitor to our yard this afternoon. He came with the girls.  *(s)....  We hadn't seen him before .. unless he's grown his antlers this year.... he was absolutely gorgeous.  You can click on the image to see him so much larger.

The show I was watching on the telly the other night explained that if they break off an antler ... they feel lopsided which is completely understandable... I'm sure I'd feel lopsided too with only one of those great things sticking out of my forehead.  So they try and dislodge and get rid of the remaining one.  Then its back to being just an ordinary bloke in the herd.   His leadership qualities have gone so he's not important any more.  I guess another guy takes over .......  I'd love him no matter whether he had antlers or not...  *(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment