Thursday, March 25, 2010

The birds are thinning out now .. not quite so many coming to our feeders each day.  The snow is melting, the field has lots of grassy areas appearing and the water is building up into a pond .... it has now completely covered the little track the deer had made down into the shrubbery and trees so they now have to go around the edge and come to our yard another way.  I guess it won't be too long before they are gone until next winter.

I was surprised to see four of them last night in the yard getting the last bits of cabbages and fruit we had put out for them ....  I think from now on if I see any they will get the cracked corn.  I miss their beautiful little faces over the summer months..... but its nice to see some grass growing and hopefully it won't be too much longer before the trees are green and my lilacs will be out.  They put up quite a fight to survive through the icey months ... and they are very pretty when they appear... and my forget-me-nots won't be too far away either.    Soon my little front garden will be pretty colours again. And we can unwrap our roof top tipping trees we have out front that the deer ravaged through the winter.   Little darlings just walked up the huge pile of snow and ice to eat our pretty green trees...  I couldn't be angry at them .............

No comments:

Post a Comment