Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I should have really posted these images onto my vintage blog "Reflections of the Past" .. but they are so interesting you all might like to see them here.  Pages from a very old Victorian book on how to do stuff...
and "doing stuff" was no small feat in the days when you couldn't go to the dry cleaners ... didn't have a vacuum cleaner, nor supermarkets to find the latest cleaning agent.  I guess all these things worked... and as I read my Victorian mysteries and watch movies and television shows in that genre I find it enthralling to read about how the house maids did all the work.  Poor ladies.. I don't envy them having to clean all those gorgeous dresses.. which dragged on the ground most of the time.     Click on the images to see them full size so you can view them easier.

                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment