Thursday, October 28, 2010

Apart from the security problems and other issues about FaceBook I don't like... I know I'm not a fan of it because its very weird indeed logging on and seeing photos of friends and of their friends ... who I knew very well back in Australia ... their photos now 12 years older and it feels like I've been in a time warp.   I guess if I ever went back .... they would only have me to look at and see how I too, have aged since leaving my little Tasmania to come live in Canada.  However.....  I would have them all to look at and the ratio of them and me looking at each other wouldn't be fair.  They could probably cope with just me being older but I would have to see them all looking so much different.  As much as I love them all ..........  it's not an easy task to remember how they used to be and how much younger we all were when I left.  It's kind of sad .... thinking of those who have died since I've been gone.  Remembering our nights out at social functions... and the most strange thing is seeing their children who were little babies or toddlers when I left and who now have their own Facebook pages and are teenagers.    I don't know that I would be brave enough to return for a visit... I would like them to remember me as I was ........  :-)  12 years is a long time ... unless I win the lottery and get a face lift, boob job, liposuction, and my diabetes completely disappears and I can lose more weight.  If any of you are reading this ... and I do happen to return for a visit.... be kind to me .... please.  :-)  Some days riding my bike like a mad woman around town isn't enough to keep me feeling and looking young.  Where have the years gone.  It's like someone waved a magic wand and we all grew old (er).....

No comments:

Post a Comment