Monday, November 22, 2010

A grim day in Dallas, Texas .... 47 years ago today.  I was thirteen and I remember hearing the details on our black and white television set.  As I grew older I learned who he was and what had happened and when I began coming to the United States pretty much on a regular basis over a few decades I  visited the spot where he was assassinated.   I stood on the grassy verge where his motorcade had passed by... looking up at the Texas Book Depository

where the gunshot came from.... or did it...   Even today nobody knows who really killed John F Kennedy. 
Theories abound ....   and the haunting photo of Jackie leaning back over the limosine with her hand outstretched trying to recover the part of her husband's brain.  It was awful.  I think its one of those days we all know where we were and what we were doing when it happened.   And I have seen the eternal flame at Arlington National Cemetery..... I could not believe I was there with him .. so close... so unreal ....

No comments:

Post a Comment