Friday, January 28, 2011

Remembering the Challenger shuttle disaster today.  Twenty five years ago it happened as I was home on leave watching the telly and having my breakfast.  I love the space programs and watched every live launch since I've lived here in Canada.  In Australia it wasn't live from the beginning of launch day like it was here in Canada. Seeing the astronauts go out to the launch site and watch them being suited up and put into their positions on board. What a process that was. There were hours of pre launch details I learned and remembered and enjoyed.   I cried all that day when the shuttle exploded.   Brave men and women .... and like Ronald Reagan said ....

"The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honoured us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for the journey and waved goodbye and 'slipped the surly bonds of earth' to 'touch the face of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment