Friday, February 18, 2011

3 a.m. and its minus 20 degrees.  Creaking and cracking of the ice on the deck woke me up.  Wood expands, metal snaps and all sorts of weird noises happen out there in the cold.. and of course the furnace comes on more often.   It's very cold ......  this is the part of winter I don't much like. Snow I can cope with but all the ice happening makes everything difficult especially walking .... even just along the little icey path to the deer and bird feeders.  They will be out in force today ... deer and birds ... asking me for food ....  sweet little things.

 I guess a nice hot cup of tea might put me back to sleep after I've read a few more chapters of my latest M. C. Beaton book called Death of a Valentine.  A Hamish McBeth mystery... about a Scottish policeman who the ladies think is wonderful.... which of course he is if he's the star of the book.   Great series by a very clever author .........  some of these ladies write so many books so quickly.   I have just also read Death at Whitechapel by a husband and wife mystery writing team who go by the name of Robin Paige. I'm looking forward to reading more of their Victorian themed mysteries.  I enjoyed the Whitechapel story .... based on historical facts and theories about who Jack the Ripper was.  I don't think we'll ever really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment