Monday, April 18, 2011

Seven a.m. and I looked out the window of our little boot room ... across the deck and down to the yard where the deer come for food (from me).  One solitary little darling stood there looking at the house and at the window where I usually peer out to see if some of them are there.  He is such a cute little darling and he's almost as fluffy as a big fat cat.  The snow was coming down and it was landing on his eyelashes and face.  He was hungry and he doesn't get much chance at the food if the other deer come with him.

 I'm so glad he's clever enough to know to come on his own so he can get the food. They don't like crossing the stream that has spread out considerably since the tiny bit warmer weather.  It's only about 12 inches deep but they prefer to walk around it if they can.  I sure do love them... and I'm so surprised that they are still coming for food.  Who knows....?   I might have spoilt them so much this winter with the yummy corn they like so much they might end up coming through the summer as well.   If they do I'll need to get a job to pay for their food.   LOL....  

No comments:

Post a Comment