Sunday, June 26, 2011

Still waiting for Summer to arrive... up here in the woods of British Columbia....  we have had lots of rain and I haven't even had a chance to sit on my deck swing and read my Kindle.  I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see nice days of sunshine.  My poor potted plants in their containers are getting water logged ... and the rain keeps coming.  We braved it yesterday and ventured out to a big yard sale.  I got myself some pretty pink ribbon, a big colourful platter, a white painted basket ... (gotta love baskets)....  some fabric to make myself a new tablecloth, and some pretty gingham hearts that someone had made obviously for coasters to put your drinks on.  I might think of a better way to use them... they are really nice.   We basically had the whole yard sale to ourselves.. hardly any people .........   now I guess with water in the field again this morning we might see our ducks back again.  I think they are confused too as to where summer is....

No comments:

Post a Comment