Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve come and gone downunder... now its our turn here in British Columbia. I think we are the last place on earth to change years....  2012  ... gosh that is hard to imagine and understand. Do you remember when it was going to turn 2000 and everyone was concerned about the clocks ... in airplanes, computers, everything that had a digital number ... they didn't know what was going to happen because it had not been programmed in for a new century.  Well my new years eve was just a walk outside in the snow and on the ice with my old Dozer dog. I bundled myself up like an eskimo.  Minus 18 or so .... terribly cold .... I find my face hurts when I come back inside ....
I have enjoyed the Christmas period ... read three books... surprised myself by that accomplishment. I know I am a quick reader but in three weeks that sure is fast.

I gave the deer some corn this afternoon when two little ones arrived. I fed the chickadees who never seem to disappear from the snowy days.  The squirrel got something so I guess all is well with my little part of the world up here at the top of the planet.  I sure do hope that the New Year brings some peace to the world.  I can only pray that it will.



1 comment:

  1. I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on
    your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
    Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.


    Also visit my page ... how to make music

    ReplyDelete