Friday, March 30, 2012

The geese are back.  I love seeing them.  I'm not sure where they go in the summer I think its Florida and sure enough every year at this time we hear them honking as they fly overhead on their way still further north.  One this morning I watched him way up high as he soared into the sky ..... he must have found a patch of air because he stopped flying and just glided around and around for quite a while.  I guess he can rest up a bit when the air is under his wings and he can just more or less sit there doing nothing.   They are so beautiful and so clever.   Great waves of them come across the sky .. like flying ribbons waving back and forth.  Hundreds and thousands of them.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a wonderful picture in my mind. I don't think they make it down here where I am in Central Florida ... I'll have to check that out ... but it's way to warm here and I have never seen them. What a wondrous and marvelous sight that must have been. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Hugs and Happiness to all.

    ReplyDelete