Saturday, November 24, 2012


Our power went out last night.... makes you realise how much we depend on it for simply everything.  Can't read a book, make a cup of tea, can't even find my old Dozer dog in the dark. Luckily we had lots of candles and thankfully it wasn't too too long before it came on again because up here in the cold of northern Canada you could easily freeze to death with no heating.  Even inside one's warm home it can soon become bitterly cold if the furnace doesn't come on or you can't plug in a heater.  

Later I managed to get onto the computer and was sad to read that Larry Hagman has died.  Old J.R. from the series Dallas which I used to watch back home in Australia .. every week without fail.  Loved it.  Went to visit Dallas on one of my USA trips and saw the ranch they used in the show ... It was always fun to see what antics old J R got up to on the telly.   Long time ago now.... wow .. where have the years gone to. 

1 comment:

  1. Know what you mean about the power being out. I get along better than my husband does.
    This is one time I am glad my father isn't alive. He loved JR on Dallas. He used to do a lot of business in Dallas in aviation and he would laugh and say about ole JR "That is just like old so n so (I can't give the names to protect the not so innocent LOL). I think Hagman was a good actor and I really liked his stance (THE GREAT AMERICAN SMOKE OUT) on smoking.
    Hope you have a great Christmas.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete