Wednesday, June 4, 2014


Wow the little birds are certainly out and about up here in the Canadian woods.
The crows too.  My little squirrel had her hands full this morning trying to shoo them away from the stash of food I'd put into her feeder.  I'll have to start calling it a squirrel feeder rather than a bird feeder because its her that gets all the goodies.  The birds have other feeders.   She is so sweet with her little tiny nipples amongst her white belly fur so she's obviously got babies in the hideout along the next door fence and in the tree behind their shed.  I love watching her busily taking a mouthful back to her home and returning for more food.   She runs up the branches of the small tree and onto the next tree where the crows sit and she's not one tiny bit scared of them.  She almost bites their ankles ...  (do crows have ankles .... lol)
They fly away and wait for her to turn around and then they try to sneak back.   It's lovely having
one's cup of tea out there and just sitting and watching the antics and yesterday I did just that and also listened to my wonderful audio book.   I sure love audio books and a great story teller is Linda Lael Miller with her western romances and lovely stories about Texas and Montana.  

No comments:

Post a Comment