Friday, November 14, 2014

I guess winter is here .. although not quite yet as it seems we've about 4 weeks to go before it officially starts but frozen water pipes are no fun and that's what we woke up to this morning. Yikes.. thank goodness we have a good supply of bottled water ... so some of that went into the kettle so I could have my cup of tea and some toast.  More water went for hand washing and cleaning teeth. Something we all take for granted and its not until you have none coming from the taps that you really appreciate how much of it you use and how important it is in your life.   It took all day for the water to come back on .. toilet was working again, I was able to wash my hands .. (didn't realise how often I go to the taps to do that during the day) ...   and today I have washing going in the machine, dishwasher working, bath time, (yeah! I can wash my hair) ...  I'm happy that I wasn't in the process of colouring my hair and then having found out there was no water to rinse it out.  

I'd have been howling like these beautiful guys had I not had water pretty soon to use for so many purposes.

Did I tell you here on my blog about my beautiful old Dozer dog who was nearly a wolf .. big white one ... and we were walking together a couple of years ago, when he heard the ambulance coming along the road.  He stopped in his tracks, raised his head and looked to the sky and howled like a wolf.

He obviously didn't like the screeching of the siren ... I laughed and hugged him .. he sure was a character and I miss him every single day. I visit his grave every day and I told him this morning that there were four deer right there next to him... and the gorgeous stellar jay blue bird was so cold out there that he plopped himself down on the wooden fence post and bent his legs so his feathers would cover them like a magnificent blue evening skirt.

The chickadees were flying around impatiently waiting for me to put out their seeds and the peanuts they like so much ...  the deer had ice on their heads and backs and they too must have been cold.   Sun was shining though and it made the ice sparkle on the grass and trees ....  so pretty living here in Canada with the wildlife and all the stunning trees.   Rivers, canyons, mountains covered with snow,  so very different from my life in Australia where I'd be out on the deck now sipping something cool and wondering if I should go to the beach for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment