Sunday, December 28, 2014

I have been missing my Aussie mates this past week. Lots of parties and friends dropping by .... used to be my Christmas times .. but here in the snow its all different.  No Aussie friends visiting ... no parties .. just quiet, reflective hours watching the snow come down, snuggled up under a quilt or a fluffy blanket, drinking a yummy hot cup of tea and having some banana bread.  I've overloaded on the Christmas movies .. some good, most bad ... but they are all fun and I am constantly amazed at the homes they have in these movies. Everything is stunningly coordinated and filled to the brim with all the December trimmings like tinsel and bows down the bannisters of the stairs,  the biggest trees one could ever imagine, decorations to die for, cookies on the kitchen counters on santa plates, lights flickering all over the place and of course the outfits they are wearing.  Wow!   Fun but not very "normal".   Now its come and gone for another year.  And I'll be another year older soon in January. 

On my travels this morning through my files looking for a new background I found some wonderful photos of animals all smooching and being kind to each other. Let's hope the world can do the same this year and treat each other properly.  






My little deer in my yard ....






No comments:

Post a Comment